Bursting with banana flavor and blended with coconut shreds this bread is the perfect sweet for breakfast, snack, or a dessert!
Who loves bananas and coconuts? I know I do! Banana bread is always good on its own, but why not add some coconut for extra flavor and texture? The coconut in this bread adds the extra touch and is the perfect add in to this banana bread.
In this recipe I browned the butter in a saucepan. This gives the bread additional flavor along with giving it a beautiful brown color.
So if you’ve been wondering what to do with those extra bananas that have been sitting on you counter, look no farther. This banana bread is the perfect solution!
Eat this bread with a little bit of butter for breakfast, snack, or dessert! Enjoy!
- 1 Stick of butter
- 2 cups (300g) flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- 1 cup (210g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (65g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (220g) mashed banana (about 2 large)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (35g) shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Extra banana for topping
- Extra coconut for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius. Spray a 9×5 inch bread pan, with cooking spray, line with parchment paper. Doing this ensures that the bread does not stick to the pan once cooked.
- In a saucepan melt the butter. Once melted, keep the stove on at medium low heat and keep cooking the butter until brown. Make sure not to burn it. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. In a large bowl, mix together the cooled butter, both sugars, mashed banana, and vanilla. Add in the milk and eggs. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined. Mix in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Slice the banana in half lengthwise and place on top of batter, sprinkle with extra coconut.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60-70 minutes. With about 10-20 minutes left in the baking time, cover bread with foil, to prevent the top from being burnt.
- Let bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling wrack to cool completely before slicing. Slather bread slice with butter or eat plain. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this recipe tag https://www.instagram.com/baking_alaine/ on Instagram and use the hashtag #baking_alaine.