Muffins are great to make ahead for busy mornings. Packed with fiber these banana nut muffins will be sure to give you a great start to your day! They are also whole wheat and loaded with flavor!
If you love bananas and walnuts then this is the recipe for you! Banana walnut muffins are the perfect food for when you want a quick, sweet, and nutritious breakfast or snack. I love the deep banana flavor and the crunch from the nuts in these muffins, and I know you will too!
If you have run out of eggs, then this recipe is the perfect fix for you, as they are vegan. The recipe here is made with simple ingredients you would find right in your pantry! Here is the list:
- Whole wheat flour
- All purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Vegetable oil (I like avocado or coconut oil)
- Coconut, almond, or any vegan milk or your choice (I use coconut milk)
All you have to do is grab two bowls, one for the wet ingredients and one for the dry mix each in their seperate bowls, then pour the wet ingredients into the dry, add in chopped walnuts, scoop into muffin tins, top with extra walnuts, and bake!
I replaced the eggs in this recipe with applesauce. Applesauce replaces the eggs surprisingly well, and you won’t even notice the difference. You can use any vegan milk in this recipe that you want, personally I like coconut milk.
So if your looking for something delicious to make, make these muffins as soon as possible. You won’t regret it!
- 1 cup (140g) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (70g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup (230g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (105g) vegetable oil (I like avocado oi coconut oil)
- 1 cup (220g) mashed banana (about 2 large)
- 6Tbs (85g) applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut, almond, or any vegan milk of choice.
- 1 cup (115g) chopped walnuts, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit or 190 degrees Celsius. Line a 12-count muffins tin with cupcake wrappers.
- In a small bowl mix together both flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In a large bowl mix together the sugar, oil, applesauce, vanilla, mashed banana, and milk. Add the wet ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined. Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Scoop muffin batter into muffin tins filling them 2/3 of the way full. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire wrack to cool completely. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this recipe tag https://www.instagram.com/baking_alaine/ on Instagram and use the hashtag #baking_alaine.