Hey all! This weekend’s baking included strawberry peach pie and a big satisfying scoop of sweet creamy goodness on top. Also known as the best combination ever!
You can eat this pie alone, but I found that this dessert pairs amazingly with vanilla ice cream.
I like this pie not to sweet as I think that the sweetness of the vanilla ice cream adds the right amount of sweetness to the dessert. If you like sweeter pies you can add an additional 1/4 cup of sugar to the strawberry and peach filling.
I can’t braid hair so save my life, but for some reason I love braiding pie crust! Lol. Design the top of this pie with whatever design your heart desires. Personally I love braided pie dough combined with some sort of lattice design!
If your looking for a spring dessert, this is the perfect one for you! I can’t wait for you to make it!
For the pie crust:
- 2 cups (300g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 sticks butter, cubed
- 3-5 Tbs ice water
For the Strawberry Peach filling:
- 2 1/2 cups (460g) strawberries, chopped, fresh or frozen (if frozen, defrost and drain out most of the excess juices.)
- 3 cups (455g) Peaches, chopped, fresh or frozen (if frozen, defrost and drain out most of the excess juices.)
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (55g) granulated sugar
- 5 Tbs (37g) cornstarch
- 1 Tbs Lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
To make the pie crust:
- In a food processor, pour in the flour, salt, sugar, and vinegar. Pulse a few times. Add in the cubed butter, and process until crumbs form. With the food processor running, slowly pour in ice water until a pie dough forms (make sure not to add to much water.)
- Take the dough out of the processor and form into a disk on a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap up and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
To make the pie:
- When ready to prepare the pie, take out the pie dough and cut in half. Roll one half of the pie crust into a 1/8 inch thick circle. Place pie dough circle onto pie plate. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degrees Celsius.
- To make the filling, in a large bowl combine the strawberries, peaches, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour filling on top of the pie dough in the pie plate. Roll out the other half of the pie dough and cut into your desired shape. Design the top of the pie filling with your choice of design using the second half of the pie dough. When done, whisk together the egg and lightly brush on top of the top pie crust with a pastry brush. Bake in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes. When pie crust is browned and the filling is bubbling, take out of oven and let pie cool completely. Strawberry Peach Pie is best served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this recipe tag https://www.instagram.com/baking_alaine/ on Instagram and use the hashtag #baking_alaine.