Perfectly sweetened and filled with fresh blueberries, these lemon blueberry scones are the perfect addition to your morning breakfast! Scones are always a excellent way to start of your morning and these scones are no exception.
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries for this recipe, both taste great! If you use frozen blueberries, make sure to defrost them by running them under cold water in a sieve and then pat them dry with paper towels. You can use any kind of milk that you prefer in this recipe, personally I like whole milk.
Make sure your butter is cold when you start making the scones, and that your oven is heated. This ensures that your scone dough will be at the right temperature when you put them in the oven.
- 2 1/4 cup (325g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (110g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- 1 stick cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup (55g) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60g) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (140g) blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 205 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Using a fork or a pastry cutter cut in the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, milk, and egg. Pour mixture into the flour mixture and mix until combined, fold in the blueberries. Place the mixture on top of the prepared baking sheet and shape into an 8 inch circle. Cut the circle into eight pieces. Spread the pieces slightly apart. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool on wire wrack Enjoy!
If you’ve made this recipe tag https://www.instagram.com/baking_alaine/ on Instagram and use the hashtag #baking_alaine.