These simple blueberry muffins are easy and quick to make. Bursting with blueberries, sprinkled with shredded coconut, and made with whole-wheat flour these muffin are perfect for a healthy breakfast or snack! They are also full of fiber and healthy fats. This recipe is made with honey, a healthy alternative to granulated sugar. You can use any oil or milk of your preference.
Sprinkling the tops with shredded coconut gives these muffins a beautiful snowy finishing touch!
- 1 3/4 cup (250g) Whole Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (75g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of cloves
- 1/2 cup (165g) honey
- 1/3 cup (50g) avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (85g) Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup (155g) almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (26g) shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2 cups (250g) blueberries
- Extra shredded coconut for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Line 15-count muffin tins with cupcake wrappers. In a large bowl mix together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, and salt.
- In a small bowl whisk together the honey, oil, eggs, Greek yogurt, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in the blueberries and shredded coconut. Fill the cupcake wrappers 2/3 of the way full with batter. Sprinkle each muffin top with shredded coconut. Bake for 16-19 minutes. Cool on wire wrack. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this recipe tag https://www.instagram.com/baking_alaine/ on Instagram and use the hashtag #baking_alaine.