If you’re sick of soft flavorless granola, I got the right recipe for you! Crunchy and full of flavor, this granola is perfect to eat as cereal, top a smoothie, or just eat by the handful! I added instant coffee into this recipe to enhance the chocolate flavor.
Here I use whole wheat flour, but if you are gluten free, you can substitute it for ground flaxseed. Using ground flax seed might make your granola a little chewier, but there is hardly any difference in the taste! You can also use any liquid sweetener you want, honey, agave, or maple syrup.
- 2 Cups (205g) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (45g) chia seeds
- 3 Tbs (20g) cocoa powder
- 6Tbs (20g) coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp instant coffee
- 1/4 cup (40g) whole wheat flour (you can use ground flaxseeds instead to make it gluten-free)
- 1/3 cup (80g) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (150g) agave (or honey or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (40g) almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (148 degrees Celsius). In a large bowl, mix together the oats, chia seeds, cocoa powder, coconut flakes, salt, instant coffee, and flour. In a small sauce pan, melt the coconut oil with the agave and vanilla over low heat.
- Once the coconut oil is melted pour the mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix together. Add in the chopped almonds and coconut milk.
- Spread mixture onto a baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Let it cool. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this recipe tag https://www.instagram.com/baking_alaine/ on Instagram and use the hashtag #baking_alaine.