For the hot chocolate:
- 2 1/2 Tbs powdered sugar
- 4 tsp coco powder
- 2 Tbs coconut cream
- 3/4 cup water
- chocolate chips and coconut flakes for topping
For the whipped cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 Tbs powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
To make the whipped cream:
- In a medium bowl, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Then whip in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Whip until soft peaks form. Set aside
To make the hot chocolate:
- In a small pot or a tea pot, boil the water. In a medium mug, mix together the powdered sugar, coco powder, and coconut cream. Mix until there are no more clumps of powdered sugar or coco powder. It should resemble a thick paste.
- One the water is boiled, pour into the mug. Stir together until combined.
- Pipe or scoop the whip cream on top. Top with coconut flakes and use a zester to shave on the chocolate chips. Enjoy!
If you’ve made this recipe tag https://www.instagram.com/baking_alaine/ on Instagram and use the hashtag #baking_alaine.